I Corinthians 15
3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received , how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4. And that he was buried , and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5. And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6. After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep .
7. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
So, for the sake of holding on to some kind of 'logical positivism' viewpoint (which seems to mean that miracle do not occur and that God does not interfere in the world), Borg is willing to say that people like Peter, James, , all the Apostles, Paul, and the 500 fellow believers who saw the risin Christ are actually liars.
And Butler Bass wants us to believe that Borg really does believe in Jesus?