Sunday, March 4, 2012

i guess he just throws out certain passages

So, I found this little blog post, by someone somehow related to the whole apostolic and prophet nonsense. It's about his views of the end times.

Eschatological Core Values

I'll just look at one or two them, but please, look at all of them. They put me in mind of someone sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling "LALALALALALA!!" over and over.

4.I will not allow any interpretation of the scriptures that destroys hope for the nations and undermines our command to restore ruined cities.
.

Not sure wher he finds any command for us to restore ruined cities. Probably something God promised to Israel, not the church.

An interpretation that destroys hope for the nations? Again, not sure what he means here. Being a dispensationalist type myself, I think my view gives great hope to everyone--that Christ will return and set things right Himself. The notion that it is the church's job to set things right is, well, rather scary.

8.I don’t believe that the last days are a time of judgment, nor do I believe God gave the church the right to call for wrath for sinful cities. There is a day of judgment in which GOD will judge man, not us


I'm not sure where the Bible says anything about church's calling down the thunder on cities, either. But the last days not being a time of judgment? Well, I guess he just throws out the entire book of Revelation, not to mention the other parts of the New Testament that deal with the end times.

I've heard that Jefferson once made his own version of the Bible, which removed every supernatural element. This guy Vallotton must be doing much the same thing, chopping out all the biblical prophetic elements of judgment in the end times.

No comments: